Code of Conduct
The SpicE Community of Practice was created with the mission to gather interested parties in the search for best practices to help students with mild disabilities (Special Education) in Primary Education through STEAM instruction and protect them from educational and social exclusion. This community aims to spawn a permanent ‘STEAM in Special Education Alliance’ structure.
This Code of Conduct applies as a condition of membership but we expect everyone in our community to follow it. For more information or to report a breach, contact email@example.com.
- Respect: Treat every member of our online community with courtesy and respect. Everyone should feel free to express their opinions and thoughts without fear of intimidation or harassment.
- Support: Offer assistance and guidance to fellow members who may need help or support. Share your knowledge and expertise generously to help others in the community grow and enhance their skills.
- Welcoming Atmosphere: Foster an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members, irrespective of their background, ethnicity, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. Embrace diversity and celebrate the unique qualities that each member brings.
- Constructive Engagement: Provide constructive criticism and feedback to help others improve their work. Share suggestions and ideas for improvement in a positive and constructive manner.
- Confidentiality: Respect the privacy of fellow members and safeguard all confidential information. Avoid sharing personal details, promotional content, or sensitive data.
Group Etiquette and Suggestions
- Clear Message Subjects: Ensure that your message subjects are concise and transparent. This helps other members respond appropriately to your posts and simplifies subject-based searches.
- Selective Recipients: Only send messages to all members when the information benefits everyone. Remember, you can send private messages directly to one or more members.
- Individual Acknowledgments: When expressing gratitude or agreement, address your messages to specific individuals rather than broadcasting them to the entire community.
- Administrative Matters: Do not use the forums for administrative issues. Instead, reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for such matters.
To maintain a respectful and meaningful dialogue, please note that SpicE’s project coordinators reserve the right to moderate and remove posts that do not adhere to these fundamental guidelines. Additionally, members who violate these rules may face disciplinary actions, including the termination of their accounts. Please be aware that the opinions and information posted by others on these sites are not the responsibility of SpicE partners.
Requirements of Membership
The CoP is conceived as an open online collaborative platform for practitioners with relevant experience or background within Special Education and/or STEAM areas.
Since the geographical focus of the SpicE project are Greece, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Spain, this Community of Practice mainly targets practitioners from these countries. However, the platform will be open to practitioners from any European country as well as any non-European countries with special interest in European Education Systems.
Additionally, members should express their interest in exchanging experiences, materials and opinions on the following topics:
- STEAM education
- Special education
- Inclusive education